OG newsletter report

Many thanks to October's OG e-newsletter for its reference to the U1980 lunch. However, contrary to the report, the lunch was NOT a celebration of Fr Gervase's 80th which is not until next year!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pre Lunch Messages

From Dominic Scott
Dear Tim Many thanks for the message. It sounds like a great idea to organise a dinner for old Ullathornians (if that's the right word). Unfortunately, I'll be over here in Virginia at that time, because the teaching term begins late August, so won't be able to join you. I'm sure it will be a great success, and thanks for helping to organise it. All the best Dominic

From Christian Hayes
Regret to say can't make the reunion. Afraid work responsibilities demand that I remain in the US that week. C'est la vie. Have fun and send me some photos. Thanks, C.

From Floris Jansen
Dear all,
I am very VERY sorry to say that I won't be able to make it to the reunion.
I live in the US these days, but there was a conference in France (Nice) that I'm attending next week. I was hoping to sneak away on Friday and fly to London - unfortunately one of my colleagues' visa applications was denied, and I have to make his presentation at the conference on his behalf... and of course it would be on the Friday.
Know that I am thinking of all of you, and that I'm seriously bummed about not being there in person. I will drink a pint in your memory on the Riviera that evening.
I hope there will be lots of pictures and some good stories afterwards...
All the best, Floris

From Paul Taylor
Tim, I am very sorry but I am going to have to cry off, citing family illness – corny but true. I wanted to wait as long as possible yet still give adequate notice. Naturally I am happy to pay for my meal if you can’t cancel at this stage. I do wish you all the best and give my regards to everyone. We’ll have to argue another time about my winning goal against Caverel in the final…

From Piers Hill
Guys n gals,
Gu**ed to have to report that I too am unable to join you all this Friday. I'm going to be stuck in St Petersburg from Wednesday on.
I'm also hoping that there'll be plenty of piccies taken and if need be, I'd be happy to chuck a photo of yrs truly into whatever medium is used post gathering: you can rest assured that I'm still a pretty little petal.
Would have been truly great to see any and all of you, plus Gervase of course, but such are the vagaries of vulgar commerce.Good luck, Piers

From Alex Eu
You guys are funny. I will call Tim’s phone if skype is inconvenient. V upset not being able to make this event. I see none of you have lost your sense of humour. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Make sure you email me the photos. Have fun. Alex

From Jim McKechnie
Sorry Tim for late reply. Can't make it I'm afraid. hope you all enjoy it, Jim

From Nick Bingham
My ill mannered lack of response is not due to any lack of enthusiasm, only uncertainty. I (not me, my client!) have a court hearing that both we and the other side wish adjourned. It may or may not be, so you'd better put me down as a reluctant no. But, if I can, I would love to turn up. Otherwise, have a great time and I hope to catch you next time!